Media Entertainment Leadership Committee
The Media Entertainment Leadership Committee (MELC) was started in 2016. It comprises alumni working in media and entertainment industries. MELC goals include:
- Creating internships and job opportunities for our students
- Strengthening Notre Dame’s presence in LA and NYC industry community
- Increasing alumni presence and involvement in the Department of Film, Television, and Theatre (FTT)
- Developing new curricular options, including the arts business minor and a summer student program in L.A.
- Coordinating with the office of development for opportunities to strengthen the University and particularly FTT.
A signature MELC event is the annual Notre Dame Student Film Festival in Los Angeles which brings together current students and alumni for two days of film screenings, workshops, and networking. MELC plans to initiate a similar event in New York with more emphasis on theatre alumni.
MELC collaborates with the student-run Media Industry Club to offer opportunities like the 48-Hour Film Festival. Created by MELC member Fred Graver, this popular event is held on campus each year. Over the course of a weekend, students collaborate to write, film, and produce a film in 48 hours. The festival:
- Gives students real-world experience in short-form video, which will help prepare them for future success
- Offers meaningful context for professional coaching / mentoring
- Provides students more material for their student portfolios (AKA: reels)
- Brands a regular ND program that demonstrates the larger infrastructure ND has in place for Media
Executive Vice President, Head of Disney Entertainment Networks, Operations and Network Franchises
COO and CFO, Diamond Sports Group | CEO, DFD Capital and Advisory, LLC
Associate Producer, Warner Bros. Animation; Co-Founder & Co-Director, LatinX in Animation - Latino Film Institute
APA / Circle of Confusion
Screenwriter / Producer / Director
Supervising Director - Hamilton, An American Musical